The story of Kicap Tamin began in 1951 when the late Tuan Haji Mohd. Tamin (right) produced it on a small scale in Batu Gajah, Perak.
With a capital of just RM10 but lots of determination, Tuan Haji Mohd. Tamin’s cottage industry produced about 700 bottles a day with the help of his family members. Even though the production was small, cleanliness, quality, and taste were not compromised. Ingredients like soya beans, wheat flour, and others were carefully selected and combined to ensure the fine quality of the sauce.
After a year, the demand for Kicap Tamin grew beyond expectations, The product was then well known amongst the housewives and consumers in the kampung vicinity. Kampung children who traveled or migrated to the cities also brought with them Kicap Tamin, thereby introducing people in the cities to the delicious and delightful taste of the sauce.
To meet the increasing demand, Tuan Haji Mohd. Tamin stepped up productions to 3,500 bottles per day. The popularity of the sauce and the increasing demand eventually prompted Tuan Haji Mohd. Tamin to expand his business by building a factory in Enggor, not far from the royal town of Kuala Kangsar, Perak. More staff were also employed to help increase the production to 9,000 bottles a day.
Kicap Tamin is now marketed in the whole Peninsular Malaysia as well export to oversea market. Now the factory can produce more than 20,000 bottles per day.
Kicap Tamin’s reputation as a producer of quality sauce is fast gaining world recognition. Our commitment to quality has enabled us to several countries like Vietnam, Japan, Brunei, Maldives, Ireland and the United Kingdom .
Tamin will continue to expand into new exports markets, regionally and beyond. We aim to further establish ourselves as a leader in the manufacturing and marketing of fine sauce worldwide.
- Market Leader – To ensure a leading share of sauce business in all major geographic markets in Malaysia and overseas.
- Quality Products – To ensure consistently best quality and healthy products at all times.
- Service and Value – To provide overall superior service and good value for money in every market segment in which we compete.
- Customer Driven – To excel in anticipating and quickly responding to customer needs and competitor activity.
- Good Employer – To sustain a working environment that attracts, retain and develops committed employees who share in the success of the company.
- Good Neighbour – To be a good neighbor, concerned for the community and the environments.
This company complied and followed the Food Act & Regulations 1983.
TAMIN’s product also accredited HALAL by Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM).